Monday, May 29, 2006

Edgeworthstown Continues to Expand

The Park House Hotel in Edgeworthstown has announced an €8,000,000 renovation and expansion of their premises. The new hotel will have 50 rooms and new retail units, underground parking, bar, restaurant and conference rooms. The project is being undertaken by Cllr. Frank Kilbride. This is the second hotel planned for the town. Bannbrook Properties are soon to start on their five star hotel and retail complex in the centre of town. The project will have a 72 bedroom hotel, 30 apartments, five houses, 12 shops, a pub, restaurant and offices. The new hotel will also include a swimming pool and fitness centre as well as a bar and restaurant. Directors of Bannbrook are John Fergus and Fergal Sheridan.

1 comment:

Paddy said...

I always get worried when I hear of a hotel or other public places being renovated just in case the premises doesn't take account of access for people with disabilities - I am a wheelchair user and am having the greatest difficulty finding a suitable property in Longford but so far I've been unable to find an house that I can get into. I've tried to book a room in a hotel - The Longford Arms - I was told that the hotel was accessible but the bedrooms were upstairs and that there were no lifts on the premises.
I do hope that when I visit "Misty Longford" that I will be able to get into all public places and that I won't be discriminated against just because I have a wheelchair under me.
Well done on your BLOG - it's great.
Best wishes and remember that disability is not the preserve of those of us who are already disabled.